Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Vinyl Wording Wall Frame {Home Decor}

Several moons ago, a good friend of mine gave me a vinyl wall decal as a Christmas gift.  I've been meaning to use it somewhere in house, but I haven't ever had any good luck with those things.  The last one I tried to adhere to the wall kept falling off until I couldn't take putting it back on one more time.
Since I've been working on filling out our family photo wall with other items, I thought that might be a great place for it.  I pictured finding a great old frame at the local Goodwill that I could recycle and paint, but of course, I couldn't find one.  

However, what I did find were some clearance "build your own frame" parts at Michael's.  This was great!  It allowed me to create the right size frame for the wall decal and I could still paint it.  I purchased one set that was 18" and another that measured 20".  All the pieces that you need to put the frame together come in the packaging.
After painting, I used some Elmer's Glue All to adhere the frame together. The brackets didn't go in as smoothly as I imagined, so a little hammering was necessary.
The vinyl decal was attached to a piece of foam board that measure 18"x20".  Somewhere over the past few months, I lost the plastic piece that you are supposed to use to smooth out the decal before lifting off the top layer.  I used a ruler instead.  It worked out just fine!
Once the frame was dry, I added some Glue All around the edges to adhere the foam board.  Let it dry for about an hour and you're all set!
Now I can spend my time enjoying what it says, rather than having to keep attaching it to the wall!


No comments:

Post a Comment