Materials:
foam board
acrylic paint
exacto knife
pencil
letter template (see directions below)
Step 1: Create a template for your letter. The font that I used was Sh** Happens from dafont.com. It's not a font with the best name, but it was my favorite T that I could find. I created a text box on Microsoft Word, then printed it poster size (2x2 pages). I chose to print mine on cardstock I had on hand because I wanted something a bit thicker to use as a guide for tracing. After it printed, I put the pieces together and then cut out the letter using my exacto knife.
Step 2: Outline your letter to the foam board. I taped down my template and then outlined it with a pencil.
Step 3: Cut out letter. Start of by lightly cutting around your outline so that you are careful to not stray too far off. It took about three rounds for me to get through the foam board completely.
Step 4: Paint your letter. I used the same aqua color that I used in the initial art from a previous project.
Step 5: Hang on the wall. You're done!





No comments:
Post a Comment