Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls


I was craving something sweet yet (relatively) healthy for dessert tonight.  At the same time, I needed something to distract my child from wanting to watch the Polar Express before having dinner.  My sister made a version of these no-bake Butterfinger dough balls and they were delicious.  I didn't have the right ingredients, but the thought of my little guy being able to help me was just what I needed.  Plus. the fact that I didn't have to bake anything was a perk. After a quick Google search, I found this recipe and made some modifications based on what I had on hand.


Ingredients:
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1/3 c honey and maple syrup combined (I ran out of honey and used maple syrup to complete the 1/3 cup)
1/4 c unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 semisweet baking squares, chopped

Directions:
1. Line a baking pan with wax paper.
2. Mix flour and oats in a small bowl.
3. Whisk wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.

 4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.  Stir until combined.
5. Add in chocolate and mix well.
6. Use a tablespoon (or spoon/cookie scoop) and make small balls with the mixture in your hands.  Place them on the wax paper. Refrigerate or freeze until firm.

 Since making these tonight, every time I walk past the fridge, I eat one. Or two. I don't think they're going to last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment