Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Kitchen Wall Art Redo {Home Decor}

When my husband and I first moved in together, we spent some time trying to figure out how to decorate our new home.  Of course, like most people, we went straight to IKEA.  I purchased these prints and frames to go in our kitchen.  
They fit just perfectly on top of the cabinets.  But when we moved into our current home, we had to find a new place for them.  Now, my husband has never really been that crazy about them.  In fact, I'm pretty sure he hates them.  

I had the idea that I could just cover up the glass with fabric, add a few wooden letters, and have something new and affordable to add to the space.  

Materials:
glass frames (no border)
wooden letters
acrylic paint
paint brush
hot glue and gun
adhesive
fabric

Step 1: Paint letters.  Since I had three frames, I decided to use the letters E-A-T and painted them with white acrylic paint that I already had at home.
 Step 2: Cut fabric and adhere to glass.  I laid the glass from the frame over the fabric and cut an additional 3/4" to fold over and adhere to the back.
I used regular tape to attach the fabric to the glass.  I would have used something more permanent, but I wanted to be able to change it if I didn't like it at any point in the future.
 Step 3: Assemble frame. Lay the fabric covered glass on the backing.
The best part of this frame is that it attaches with these little metal clips.
 Step 4: Hot glue letters on to each frame.
 Step 5: Hang them up!




Linking here:
Serenity you
I Heart Nap Time

No comments:

Post a Comment