Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Scratch Off Preschool Countdown {Educational}

In preparation for E starting preschool, I was in search of something creative to serve as a countdown.  I remembered seeing this easy scratch off card on Oopsey Daisy a while back.  It seemed like a great idea that could be adjusted for E.

Materials:
card stock
silver metallic paint
dish soap
contact paper
paintbrush

Step 1: Print card. I started off by creating the card and the appropriate number of days of school.  I inserted an image for each day that would be revealed after the silver part was scratched off. Then, print on to a piece of card stock.

Step 2: Attach contact paper.  I covered the front of the card with contact paper.

Step 3: Paint scratch off portion.  Mix an equal amount of silver metallic paint and dish soap. Paint it on top of the boxes so that it covers the images. It took a few coats, but then it was ready.

Step 4: Number the boxes. Using a Sharpie, I wrote the number of days on stop of the silver paint.  I attached it to our kitchen cabinet where E could see it every day.

Step 5: Scratch off!
He's been having fun trying to guess what's under the day's box.  It also give us a little bit of time each day to tell him about what he will be doing when he goes to preschool. Only 5 boxes to go!

Serenity you

No comments:

Post a Comment