Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

*Easy* Homemade Berry Popsicles

E and I love to make and/or bake treats together whenever possible.  Over the weekend, we had purchased a crate of raspberries and a carton of blackberries.  E loves berries, but I knew that we wouldn't be able to devour them before they all went bad.  Since the weather is warming up, I thought it would be great to make homemade berry popsicles.  What's even better is that they are *super* easy to make!

We used:

  • 9 oz. blackberries
  • 6 oz. raspberries
  • remnants of our strawberry continer (about 8 strawberries)
  • drizzle (or more) of honey
  • drizzle of milk
  • food processor
  • popsicle molds

Yes, I know my measurements are not very specific, but just add what you have on hand to satisfy your taste buds.  I was going to add Greek yogurt, but we didn't have any.  I also thought about adding orange juice, but thought the pops would be tangy enough - hence why I added milk and honey instead.


The best part was that E did mostly everything on his own, which allowed me to take pictures.

First, wash your berries and add them to the food processor.

Drizzle in your honey and add your milk (not pictured).

Blend.


"Now?"
"No, honey.  Mix it a little longer." 
Notice how he's still holding the lever down?

 Pour (or spoon) into popsicle molds and freeze.

Luckily, ours were ready in about 4 hours. We made these before nap time and E was able to enjoy them in the late afternoon.  Ok, who am I kidding?  I had one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment