When I was engaged, I knew that there were a few things that I had to have that would make my wedding perfect: flowers, THE dress, and invitations.
The only nightmares that I had during the entire process were due to invitations. I would not only dream about them, but I would have near anxiety attacks. To me, the invitations were the first item that people would receive to get a glisp of what the wedding is about. They had to be PERFECT. The problem was that most of the ones in our price bracket were made of paper that I believed to be flimsy. The invitations that I really loved were out of our league. Really... $8 for something people are going to throw away? I don't think so!
That led me to start doing some of my own research online and talking with friends who had made their own invitations. The $8 invitations that I wanted were going to cost me between $2 and $3! I found the paper, envelopes, ribbon, tape, a calligrapher, and a thermography printing company. For my first attempt, I think they came out well!

The calligraphy was done by a fellow Knottie (from TheKnot.com). Granted, it probably isn't the most amazing calligraphy you've ever seen. However, she only charged us $.60 for each set of envelopes (which included inner and outer ones). I think she did a great job!
I also made our save the date cards. They included calendar labels.
Our programs, escort cards, and table name cards were also made by me.
No comments:
Post a Comment